Here we explain our charges for obtaining a marriage certificate, and if you would like us to get started, please fill out our order form below and make payment.
How much is this going to cost me?
For most clients, our all-inclusive charge for a Dominican marriage certificate is US$210*
which consists of 2 separate charges:
- A search fee of US$95*, which you can pay us online now (see form below), for us to search for your marriage record in the original handwritten ledger at the registry office, and to have it computerized. Within a few days, we'll then send you a draft printout of your record as it currently stands in the registry-office database, and we shall ask you to peruse the draft copy for spelling mistakes and incorrect dates, which are pretty common in records which have non-Spanish names. We shall attempt to have any errors corrected. This search stage takes between 2 and 7 days. In the event that we cannot locate your marriage record, there will be no refund of the search fee.
- Then once you are ready to order the certificate, we charge an additional fee of US$115 for the certificate which includes:
- legalization from Dominican Central Electoral Board
- apostille from Dominican Foreign Ministry which gives your certificate legitimacy in most countries of the world.
- shipping via international certified airmail which takes between 2 and 4 weeks to be delivered.
* If the marriage took place before 1945, OR if you do not know the exact date or place of marriage, we charge US$195 for the search fee, then we charge the US$115 for the certificate.
What extras charges might there be?
Do you need your Dominican marriage certificate for use in Belgium or Canada? If so, the following applies to you:
BELGIANS - Dominican certificates for use in Belgium must be legalized by the Belgian Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica. For US$75
we can courier your Dominican certificate to your embassy in Jamaica, but you would be responsible for paying them for their legalization, and for shipping your certificate to Belgium. We can provide their contact details.
CANADIANS - The Canadian government does not consider a Dominican apostille to be final proof of your certificate's authenticity, therefore if your certificate is to be used in Canada, it must be legalized by the Canadian embassy in the Dominican Republic. We charge US$95
for the official embassy fee plus our services.
For only US$69
we can offer an English, French or German translation of your Dominican certificate, translated by a certified legal translator. Many clients have told us that this is much cheaper than they can obtain locally.
For an additional US$95
we offer expedited courier shipping which should arrive in 3 working days.
Order your Dominican marriage certificate now!
If you'd like to get started, please fill out the order form below, and have a credit or debit card to hand
. At this stage we shall only charge for the search stage. We shall acknowledge receipt of payment, and will contact you by email with any requests for additional information etc. Within 2 to 7 days on average, we should be able to send you the draft print out of your record, depending on how quickly the register-office staff computerize your record.
We shall let you pay for the certificate, shipping options and translations etc later once you have received and okayed the draft print-out that we send you. Please only complete the order form below if you are ready to order and pay. Please do not use the form for a simple enquiry.